150 page eBook
Downloadable in 3 different formats, so it should work in pretty much any eReader (ePub, Mobi, and PDF).
The Ahimsa Dog Training Manual is also available as a paperback book.
What is Ahimsa?
“Ahimsa” is a Buddhist doctrine of nonviolence to all living things, reflecting my focus on force-free dog training and behavior modification.
I use progressive, science-based training to build two-way communication between humans and their dogs.
Who is This For?
Everyone! This guide has specific, practical exercises: straightforward enough for dog families to put into practice, but also helpful for professional dog trainers.
The Ahimsa Dog Training facility in Seattle alone has helped tens of thousands of dogs with this book.
Different ways that dogs learn.
Clicker training, from beginner to more advanced.
How to stop unwanted behavior (puppy biting, fear/aggression, separation anxiety, etc.).
How to teach behavior you like.
Coming when called, the name, watch, relaxation, sit, down, stay, wait, touch, walking on leash, give, go to your bed, and more!
Included with Diamond Membership (see below).
Unique & meaningful book
Writing as engaging and friendly as her methods
Practical, step-by-step training solutions
I'm an animal behavior geek, passionate about wholehearted living for all beings, including humans and dogs with a history of aggression, frustration, or fear. My Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT 2.0) technique is now used worldwide to help dogs gain confidence and social skills. A conservative calculation is that well over 100,000 people have learned about BAT so far.
I have always loved teaching. I earned a Master's in mathematics and taught college courses, but I found my true calling in dog training. I have been teaching dog training and behavior since 2003, started traveling worldwide to teach dog trainers in 2010, and started an online dog training school in 2014. My partner and I currently live with Garbanzo (aka "Adventure Kitty" and "Baby Panther") and Zuki (the sweetheart of a dog pictured here).
- COMMUNICATION & LEARNING GO BOTH WAYS
- UNDERSTANDING YOUR DOG'S COMMUNICATION
- LEARNING THEORY (How All Animals Learn - Including us)
- CLICKER TRAINING WORKS!
- WHAT IS A CLICKER?
- WHY DOES THE CLICKER WORK?
- GETTING RID OF PROBLEM BEHAVIORS
- JUMPING & OTHER ACCIDENTALLY TRAINED BEHAVIORS
- PUPPY BITING & CHEWING
- 15 TIPS TO STOP BARKING IN CLASS
- FEAR, FRUSTRATION, AND AGGRESSION
- Counterconditioning and systematic desensitization
- Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT 2.0)
- DON'T LEAVE ME! PREVENTING SEPARATION ANXIETY
- HEY, THAT'S MINE! PREVENTING & DEALING WITH RESOURCE GUARDING
- GOOD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK!
- TEACHING RELIABLE BEHAVIORS
- CHOICE POINTS-SET YOUR DOG UP FOR SUCCESS
- NAME GAME
- RECALL CUE-COMING WHEN CALLED
- RELAXATION ON CUE
- RELEASE WORDS-ARE WE THERE YET?
- TOUCH-TARGETING NOSE TO HAND
- LOOSE LEASH WALKING
- LEAVE IT
- GIVE OR DROP IT
- 101 THINGS TO DO WITH A BOX
- GO TO YOUR BED
- CRATE TRAINING
- ADDING A CUE TO ANY BEHAVIOR
- GOOD LUCK AND KEEP IT UP
- RESOURCES FOR EVEN MORE HELP
$9.99Ahimsa Dog Training: Problem Solving & Manners ebookOne-time payment to add this digital book to your library. Your access will not expire and the files are downloadable.
$29.99 / month
$29.99 / monthDiamond MembershipBest value! Access to ALL live and on-demand streaming content on the site. Over 40 courses with several hundred hours of video, growing every month! Also special events, student coupons, and other perks just for Diamond members.
When you start a membership, it will go for a month and then renew automatically each month after that. You can easily cancel renewal at any time and your access to the content will just expire on your renewal date.